Sunday, March 22, 2009

Praises, and some thoughts

25 z Knowing their thoughts, a he said to them, “Every kingdom divided against itself is laid waste, and no city or house divided against itself will stand. Matthew 12:25; ESV
This past week, my wife and I have been attempting to move into an apartment in Dallas. We were blessed to "run" into this apt. which had some move in specials, that were great, but left us with a month still due in Fort Worth. Living in two houses has made me think of the verse above. Definitely, I could not get online as much because when we were in Dallas (there was no internet) and so I felt that part of our life was still in Fort Worth. God does not want us to be divided in our love and loyalty (allegiance) to him. And practically, any team divided will find it difficult to win. (I remember the Bulls, post MJ. The coach wanted to use the star as a decoy...but he got mad and made a scene because he wanted the ball in the end.) That team was divided. We can't be divided in our personal walk with God, with our families, and our church family.
I have to share this. I was so stressed. I had scheduled our power to be out in Fort Worth for this past Friday. I called to get an extension, and found out that it was posted as April 20...what a breather, now there was no pressure to get packed, and moved out. This "extension" also allowed me to focus on what I was to teach to the youth. Praise God!